Featured Post

"Pebbles" (Study in Orange and Blue), 30" x 44", watercolor on arches I loved this image as soon as I saw all t...

Thursday, July 7, 2016



"Pebbles" (Study in Orange and Blue), 30" x 44", watercolor on arches

I loved this image as soon as I saw all these small stones on a Cape Cod beach. I thought it would be a challenge and wasn't sure I could get the look I wanted. With such a complex and all-over image where all the stones are more or less alike, I wanted to simplify the color to keep everything congruent. I chose orange and blue because I could get some varied grays, blue-grays, browns, oranges and gray-browns with those two colors alone. I still think it might need some work but I'm happy with the image as it is - at least for now! The bottom image is the first stage and was posted earlier in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment